Saturday, April 28, 2012

[15] What have I learned?

As the end of the semester draws extremely near, I look back and consider all of my projects, and what I have learned from them. From the start of this course I identified my beliefs and thoughts on technology, and over the course of this semester I have edited and enhanced them. I have discovered my belief on student-teacher relationships, and how I believe it is important to be able to relate lessons and lesson objectives to students current, daily lives. I stated an on-going goal of mine- which was to promise to keep up-to-date with technologies, so I can incorporate these devices into my lessons supportively and educationally. I want my students to develop skills that they can continue using in their daily life outside of school. I also identified and recorded important old and new technologies in an Art Technology Inventory list, which I will constantly update and refer to during lesson making. I also discovered that being a teacher is a lot more than it seems.


In the end, CURR 316, CURR 314, READ 411 and my methods courses have all impacted me in a great way. I learned that I want to be the best teacher I can, and I want my students to enjoy learning. I don't want them to struggle. I want my teaching strategies and lessons to reflect the characteristics I believe a good teacher and lesson creator should have. I will combine all skills learned from this semester to become the ultimate educator and assessor. I look forward to continuing my journey in education, and even more so to being in the classroom. I believe education is finally getting the attention it deserves and hopefully with a new generation of teachers we will be able to completely transform the field of education.

1 comment:

  1. Liana, since I have worked with you on several projects throughout our professional sequence,I feel authorized to share that I believe you will be a thoughtful, motivated, hard-working teacher. You are caring and organized, and I have witnessed first-hand how you strive to synthesize what you know and what you are learning into your lessons and projects. Too many students are on the teacher-prep track just for a job. You are where you are because you genuinely care, and you are willing to take on the tough task of teaching. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete